6 Tips to Lose the Baby Bulge

Gina Battye Portrait

Have you put weight on whilst pregnant?

Did you develop some pretty peculiar cravings that had you worried for a little moment?

Rest assured, there is nothing to worry about. Well, unless you were craving dog food…. Then you may have something to worry about!

Do you look in the mirror and not like what you see anymore?

Are you looking to lose weight and get back to being the healthy and happy you?

The healthy and happy you that has fun every day, laughs a lot and is at peace. The healthy and happy you that socialises, loves to try on new clothes AND feels comfortable in them and is super confident in every situation that comes up. The healthy and happy you that lights up a room with your grace and charisma.

Let me tell you. This is all possible. Seriously.

It may seem like a mountain to climb right now but trust me when I say the end is in sight and you are on the right road to get there. The first step is to make a decision to do something about it. Once you have made this decision, you can then focus on achievement of your weight loss goals.

Here are my top 6 ways to achieve a healthy and sustainable weight for life.

 

  1. Look at what you eat. Keep a food diary for a week. Identify your healthy and your less healthy habits. What are your triggers for eating less healthy? How regularly do you eat? Make sure you are eating regularly and choosing healthier options. Know what your triggers are and how you can minimise the impact of these. What 3 things can you tweak straight away to make your diet healthier?

 

  1. Drink more water. If you don’t drink water, your body will hold onto any liquid you put in to make sure you survive what it thinks is a famine. You may experience bloating or water retention as a result. To combat this, drink water regularly throughout the day. It will also make you go to the toilet more, helping you to increase your activity levels!

 

  1. Get active every day. I am not talking about a 3 hour marathon training session here. I am talking about making sure you move your body regularly throughout the day. Walk around and move more. This will help you to get things moving around your body as they should as well as helping you to burn body fat and increase your muscle mass.

 

  1. Reduce the stress in your life. Plan and prepare your day in advance. Make sure you have enough supplies and establish routines from the start. You will be no use to anyone if you are stressed out all the time. Not only will you benefit from routines but so will your baby and all those around you.

 

  1. Make sure you have good balance between your baby, relationships and self-time. Enlist the help of your family and friends wherever possible. Getting a good balance will make sure you are able to take care of yourself and your baby in the best way possible.

 

  1. Look after your spirit. Take time to relax every day, visualise the life you want and think of everything you are grateful for every day. Build it into your routine right from the start and have fun with it.

Lastly, get the word diet out of your head.

Diets are a thing of the past. Have you ever been on a diet and kept the weight off? Your body goes into starvation mode and when you ‘finish’ your diet, your body helps you to survive by keeping hold of what you put in.

Instead, live by the 80-20 rule. This is THE way forward. Eat healthy 80% of the time and whatever you want for the other 20%. This is the only way that you can achieve and maintain a healthy weight for LIFE.

All of these tips will get you started on your weight loss journey and get you back to being the healthy and happy you. Why wait? Get started straight away!

Gina Battye is the founder of the worldwide Health and Happiness Movement, best-selling author of ‘How to Beat the Biscuit Tin Blues’ and international inspirational speaker.

Want to improve your health and happiness every day? Join Gina’s health and happiness movement today! Register your commitment now to receive your free gifts that will get you started on your journey: www.healthbygina.com

Pin It

Comments are closed.

You might also likeclose