From Viking feasts to thrilling RIB boat rides or whale watching – a voyage along the Norwegian Coast is packed with opportunities that the whole family will enjoy, and for the first time ever this Summer, children can travel for free on Hurtigruten ships.
Book a Classic Norwegian Coastal Voyage before 31 May 2014, for travel during July, August and September 2014 and children under 15 years old can travel on full board basis, free of charge when sharing a cabin with their parents.
A family of four staying in a four berth cabin, would only pay for the two adults and receive two free kids places. Alternatively a couple travelling with one child in a three berth cabin will receive one free child place.
Prices for a 7 day ‘Classic Voyage North’ for a family of four sharing a four berth cabin on full board basis departing on 29 August start from £1,663 total. The price doesn’t include flights and transfers, which are available for an additional £395 per person.
The scenic journey along Norway’s magnificent coastline offers plenty of exciting excursions that will keep mum, dad and older children amused. During a ‘Classic Round Voyage’ from Bergen up to Kirkenes and back to Bergen, typical excursions include:
- A Viking feast – Visit a re-creation of the longest Viking Long house ever found and dine with the local chieftain
- Whale Watching – Andenes is the only place in Norway where whales feed close to the shore
- Kayaking – Take to the Arctic Waters near Tromso to explore under your own steam
- Rib Safari to Saltstraumen – Travel by boat to witness the world’s strongest tidal current, and enjoy an exhilarating ride through the whirlpools
- A taste of Lapland – Enjoy a unique opportunity to meet a local family of Sami reindeer he rders and learn all about their daily lives
Other excursions include a Sea Eagle Safari, riverboat trips, a chance to meet local huskies and guided horse rides through the Lofoten islands.
For more information call Hurtigruten on tel: 020 3582 6642 or visit www.hurtigruten.co.uk.