Ahead of Christmas, Mash Direct has created a range of delicious recipes for the whole Christmas season for everyone to enjoy!
From Pigs in Duvets, Festive Chilli Bites, Potato Cakes with Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese and delicious Leftover Turkey & Potato Curry, Mash Direct has something for everyone!
Christmas – Champ Potato Cake with Smoked Salmon & Cheese (Serves 6)
Cook Time – 25-30mins
- Mash Direct Champ
- 30g Plain flour
- 1 tbsp of Melted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 180g full-fat cream cheese
- 50ml double cream
- 1 lemon
- Ground black pepper
- 200g smoked salmon slices (cut into strips)
- Dill (small bunch)
- Heat the Champ in the microwave for 3 ½ minutes. Add the heated Champ to a bowl. Stir in the flour, melted butter and salt.
- Mix together until a dough forms. Knead until the dough comes together.
- Lightly flour a work surface and tip out the dough. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough out until around a quarter of an inch thick.
- Cut the Potato Bread dough into small circles (or whatever shape you prefer!).
- Lightly flour the bottom of a griddle or frying pan. No Oil.
- Add the Potato Bread to the pan and cook on a low heat until lightly browned (about 3-4 mins). Flip and cook the other side.
- Leave to cool.
- Put the cream cheese in a large bowl and whisk until smooth and light.
- Stir in the double cream and lemon juice, and season well with black pepper.
- Add a generous dollop of the Cream Cheese topping to each Champ Potato Cake.
- Top each Champ Potato Cake with the strips of Smoked Salmon, dill and lemon zest. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
Christmas – Pigs in Duvets (serves 8)
Cook Time – 40mins
- 1 pack of Mash Direct Mashed Potato
- 1 pack of thin Pork Sausages
- Breadcrumbs to coat (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180oc. Cook the sausages according to cooking instructions on the packaging (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the sausages are cooking, cover a clean surface area with baking paper. Cut out 8 rectangles, at least 10 cm x 15 cm.
- Microwave the Mash Direct Mashed Potato for 1 minute, to make it easier to roll. Remove the sausages from the oven.
- Using the Mashed Potato, create a 6cm x 10cm rectangle. Roll flat, about 5 – 10 mm thick. Make sure the sausage sticks out each end when placed along the shorter side.
- Using the baking paper, roll the potato and enclose the sausage. Transfer to a baking tray and pat down the seam. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs (optional).
- Return to oven and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden.
Leftover Turkey & Potato Curry (Serves 3)
Cook Time – 25 minutes
- Mash Direct Roast Potatoes
- 300g Leftover turkey
- 1 tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Large onion
- 1 Green pepper
- 2 tbsp Curry paste
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 400g Chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Mango chutney
- A small bunch of coriander
- Rice or naan bread (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- If your Mash Direct Roast Potatoes are not already cooked, follow cooking instruction on the back of packaging.
- Thickly slice onion and deseed & chop pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a fairly high heat. Cook the onion and pepper for 3-4 mins until starting to soften and brown slightly.
- Stir in the curry paste and garlic, then cook for another 1-2 mins.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and 150ml water.
- Bring to the boil and bubble for 5 mins.
- Turn the heat down, stir in the turkey and potatoes, and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Season and add the mango chutney.
- Scatter with coriander and serve with rice or naan bread.
Festive Chilli Bites (Serves 3)
Cook Time – 25-30mins
- Mash Direct Chilli Baby Bakes
- 250-300g halloumi cheese (or any other cheese will work well)
- Chilli Sauce
- Remove outer sleeve and film lid of the Chilli Baby Bakes.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of a pre-heated oven 190°C / 375°F / Gas Mark 5 for 25-30 minutes.
- While your Chilli Baby Bakes are cooking you have time to prepare your Halloumi Cheese.
- Cut the Halloumi into rectangles and grill until the cheese softens and turns a golden brown.
- Once the Halloumi is cooked cut into small squares perfect to skewer onto the Chilli Baby Bakes.
- When the Chilli Baby Bakes come out of the oven skewer them individually onto a piece of Halloumi Cheese (You may need to cut some of the bigger potatoes in half).
- Serve them with the Chilli sauce, perfect for dipping!
Enjoy (Warning they may not last long).