WWT London Wetland Centre Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 December
Get into the festive mood at WWT London Wetland Centre’s wonderful winter weekend! Children will be thrilled to hop aboard for a husky sleigh ride, visit Santa in his magical grotto and meet the reindeer, including baby Rudolph.
Head over to our northern pine forest; Father Christmas will be ready to welcome families in his cosy grotto among the trees. You can also meet the family of reindeer, including a six month old baby, and discover more about these delightful animals from the North.
Take a sleigh ride with the huggable huskies: they’re lovely to look at but also working animals, so younger children can experience the excitement of a husky sleigh ride. Or perhaps you’d like a family photo taken with one of these cuddly dogs as a special seasonal souvenir?
If you want to hear icy tales of adventure join our Polar Explorer, Anthony Arctic for some Frantic Antarctic Antics at his Base Camp. Show tickets are £2 per child (cash only, just turn up. Adults free); shows at 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.00pm.
Here at Britain’s favourite nature reserve you can enjoy the Christmas celebrations among beautiful surroundings. Take a stroll among the lakes, meadows and ponds of this wonderful winter oasis and then relax over Christmas lunch in our Water’s Edge Cafe.
Plus, on Sunday only Fullers Shire Horse dray rides from 12.00-3pm. See these magnificent animals in action and hop aboard for a ride.
By enjoying a festive weekend with us you’re also contributing towards our vital conservation work in the UK and around the world.
- Normal admission prices to WWT London Wetland Centre apply
- Visit to Santa is £5 per child (cash only) including goody bag
- Santa tickets cannot be pre-booked; just turn up but please bear in mind the queue can be lengthy
- In the event of rain the Father Christmas queue will be moved indoors
- Husky sleigh rides are free with admission (children 8 or younger, with weight restrictions)
- There is no charge to see the reindeer (11am to 4pm)
- Anthony Arctic’s Frantic Antarctic Antics tickets are £2 per child (cash only, just turn up. Adults free); shows at 11am, 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.00pm.
For full details and updates please check www.wwt.org.uk/london