Tastily (https://tastily.co.uk/) is a fresh, pre-made meal subscription service, that delivers delicious and nutritionally balanced chef-made meals to food lovers across the nation.
These meals are flavoursome with a good variety. I like the fact there’s no artificial ingredients, preservatives or refined sugar. The brand uses cutting-edge packaging technology to keep each dish fresh for seven days so subscribers never have to compromise on great taste and good health.
Every one of these dishes are created by Michelin-trained chefs. Head Chef Steve Bailey has worked at some of the world’s best kitchens, including five-star luxury country hotel Cliveden House, and for exclusive events catering business Alison Price & Company. Bailey’s team also includes Kevin Love, who was a Head Chef at Heston Blumenthal’s Hinds Head in Bray, where he helped the restaurant win and retain its first Michelin Star.
The brand has a focus on quality, sustainability and provenance, using as many British ingredients as possible: from Red Tractor certified meat and local cheese, to vegetables sourced directly from Covent Garden Market. Tastily is the ideal tool for a range of individuals with many parents struggling to keep the vegetarian and meat eaters in the family happy. Plus time saving for those busy days with no preparation or complicated cooking. Simply warmed through in three minutes!
Each nutritious and balanced Tastily meal is between 400-500 calories (or 600-700 calories with the upgrade to a large portion), with at least two servings of vegetables per portion. Each dish has more than 25 grams of protein (more than ten grams for plant-based meals), less than two grams of salt.
Tastily can cater for meat- fish- and plant-based lifestyles, as well as those with specific dietary requirements. The brand has a dedicated plant-based and vegetarian offering and partners with innovative companies, such as Meatless Farm and THIS to create the best vegan food possible. Each meal on the Tastily website provides consumers with a full ingredient breakdown, nutritional and allergen information.
With a fortnightly evolving menu, Tastily subscribers can choose from a diverse menu of globally inspired dishes to excite and delight the palate. Dishes include:
- Teriyaki-glazed Salmon served on a bed of quinoa with tenderstem broccoli, edamame and pak choi.
- Beef Brisket Massaman with peanuts, potatoes and beans served with wild rice
- Swedish Meatballs coated in a creamy sauce, served with celeriac mash and roasted vegetables
- Chicken Pad Thai with rice noodles and vegetables tossed in a sweet-savoury-sour sauce topped with crushed peanuts
- Pork Cashew Noodles with tender pork loin served with glass noodles, a Thai cashew sauce, vegetable mix and crushed cashews.
Vegetarian and Vegan options include:
- Wild Mushroom Tagliatelle made with roasted chestnut mushrooms and spinach in a creamy cauliflower alfredo sauce
- Meatless Bolognese with red peppers and pine nuts served over whole wheat spaghetti
- Mediterranean Spring Risotto served with asparagus, courgette and cherry tomatoes
- This Isn’t Katsu Curry served with roasted red cabbage and edamame and spring onion brown rice.
- ‘Lamb’ Tagine made with Moroccan spiced “meatless” kofta made from Meatless Farm Mince, with jewelled cous-cous and roasted Mediterranean vegetables
How it Works
The service starts at £32.00, with individuals able to order four to fourteen meals a week, all with free delivery direct to the door. Dishes can be bought in any combination so people in the same household can enjoy different dishes at the same mealtimes, to suit differing tastes and dietary requirements. Individuals can even choose single portions or upgrade to larger sizes.
Orders need to be checked out before Friday at 12pm for delivery the following Wednesday, or before Tuesday at 12pm for delivery on Saturday. The delivery can also be scheduled further in advance.
Individuals can order Tastily for their own meals or gift the service. It is the ideal house-warming present for those first few weeks in a new home, a freshers’ week essential for students and provides a thoughtful gift if a friend or family member is struggling to find the time to prepare healthy food for themselves.