The Watercress Line is delighted to announce an exciting, new event this winter: Steam Illuminations.
Steam Illuminations is a unique, world-first digital LED train which creates an incredible light show both on and in the steam train. Consisting of thousands of fully controllable colour mixing LED lights and LED wristbands. The lights are programmed to perform a wonderful light show, consisting of different colours and flashing patterns that are a marvel to see. Everyone is given an LED wristband to wear on the train to be part of the show and can take them home after the event.
The event will start on the 14th November and run through to the 3rd January. Trains will depart from either Alresford or Alton and complete a round trip, back to the starting station.
Tickets will need to be booked in advance.
For more details and to book, click here: https://bit.ly/35WWoIR
General manager Simon Baggott said, “We are delighted to be bringing this unique event to the Watercress Line. It’s a wonderful experience the whole family can enjoy together and is sure to be an event to remember!”
Whatever the time of year, there is always much to see and do at the Watercress Line.
- Take a ride on our trains leaving from either Alresford or Alton
- Live through the full glamour of steam travel with our themed experiences
- Explore our four stations and heritage signal boxes
- See preservation in action in our engineering sheds
- Dine at our West Country Buffet or watch the trains go by from our picnic areas
- Walk in Harry Potter’s footsteps on the foot bridge where he received his Hogwarts Express ticket
- Ride our miniature railway through the countryside at Ropley
- Shop in our gift shop in the Old Goods Shed for all your gifts, books and toys
Or use the stations as starting points for wonderful walks in the heart of the Hampshire countryside